Peter Rand

“....castles in the air”

“....castles in the air” Ash pieces turned in various shapes and proportions, dyed, and finished. Individual sizes from 14 to 35 inches long. Attached with dowels. Overall dimensions 62 high, 24 wide, 14 inches deep. Began with a dream in my head, to scale up something much smaller done earlier. Turning, and coloring, (turquoise/orange is my current excitement), patinating and then finishing the individual ‘castles’ was truly easy and fun. The rest wasn’t! How to attach? How to arrange? How to assemble? How to prevent from twisting/dissembling? How to reassemble? etc. etc. After too many iterations finally here is what we have. All “......castles in the air”

“....castles in the air”
Peter Rand, Sep 17, 2016
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      odie
      An interesting concept.....don't think I've seen a mobile like this before. ko
    • Peter Rand
      @odie Thanks Odie - but it is not a mobile - except when I did NOT want it to be when I was assembling it!! LOL
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Peter Rand
    Uploaded By:
    Peter Rand
    Date:
    Sep 17, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    792.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1300px
    Height:
    957px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).