odie

1084 maple burl.

Maple burl art vessel. Finished 2/22/17. Original block of wood had a MC of 26%, and after roughing to general shape, took a total of 15 months to stabilize. Finish size is 7"x4", and weight is 390grams, or 13.8 ounces. Sanded to 600, Danish Natural oil, Beale 3-step buffed. Has undercut rim, natural occurring bark inclusions, and voids.

1084 maple burl.
odie, Feb 23, 2017
    • Michael Lyle
      I love this Odie......I think it is the color that really does it for me...

Thanx

Mike
      odie likes this.
    • Michael Lyle
      Odie. Is that hard maple? I live in Washington. We have lots of maple
      But no hard maple have I found...So that pink cast to your piece is that mostly
      Maple or Danish finish or the lighting......I love it as I said but have never got that
      Color from maple.....Course I never use Watco Danish either and I have some in my
      cupboard....

Thanx again

Mike
    • odie
      @Michael Lyle

Michael......probably not hard maple. I'm pretty sure it's west coast maple. My photography is probably faulty, and Watco Danish oil natural usually adds some yellowish tint to maple. ko
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    odie
    Date:
    Feb 23, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    250.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1373px
    Height:
    1013px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot S95
    Date / Time:
    2017:02:23 11:36:34
    Exposure Time:
    1/20 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    10.701 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).