odie

1419 Curly Fiddleback Maple

Completed 3/16/2017.....Extreme figure Curly Fiddleback Maple Platter. Bowl blank was 11" x 1 1/2" and had a MC of 18%. It was roughed and anchorsealed, and took a total of 5 months to reach EMC. Final finished size is 10 3/4" x 1 5/16", and weighs 420 grams, or 14.8 ounces. The raised multi-detail grooves are something I've been working on perfecting lately. Sometimes, it's a bit difficult to center the group according to the sides of the raised portion.....but, practice makes perfect! Sanded to 600gt, Danish Oil Natural, Beale 3-step buffed. Note: My photo editing software has a number of "filters" which can be applied, and this is one that has the "sauna" effect. I'm not sure this is critical, because the coloring is changed from what it more natural looking......any comments about the use of filters on photos where the intent is to sell the bowls.....? ko

1419 Curly Fiddleback Maple
odie, Mar 28, 2017
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    odie
    Date:
    Mar 28, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    315.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1442px
    Height:
    1081px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot S95
    Date / Time:
    2017:03:17 13:03:46
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    8.557 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).