1. Join the Go-To Source for Woodturners!

Please read the new sticky announcement here for full details.

Dismiss Notice
Curtis Fuller

2017 Snow Folk

2017 Snow Folk Family portrait with their pet goose, Brownie. Heading out on the town!

2017 Snow Folk
    • Glenn Lefley
      I absolutely love it! Well done.
      What are the noses made of?
    • Curtis Fuller
      @Glenn Lefley Carrots, of course!
      They're 1/8" dowel. I put the pieces in my drill and "turn" then with sandpaper, then color them with an orange marker pen.
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Bill Boehme
      I'm amazed at the expressiveness of the snow folk that you have achieved with just a subtle hat tilt, eye position and tilt, and carrot nod. The multiaxis goose has great character.
    • Martin Groneng
      Just amazing folks!! Now it's "I want time" because I left this posting on the screen and now everybody points to one they want. Thanks, Curtis!! Now down to the shop.
    • John Torchick
      Amazing! Instead of dowel, would toothpicks be too small? Just a thought.
    • Glenn Lefley
      Are they all multi axis or hats turned seperate and glued on? What multi axis Chuck do you use?
    • Curtis Fuller
      @Glenn Lefley Sorry Glenn, I didn't see your question earlier. They're just a single axis. The hat is turned separately from the stub of wood that's left over. Then they're glued on crooked to give them all a little different look.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Curtis Fuller
    Uploaded By:
    Curtis Fuller
    Date:
    Dec 8, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    220.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1085px
    Height:
    627px
    Aperture:
    f/3.8
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX L830
    Date / Time:
    2017:12:07 21:45:36
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    9.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).