chriskuehn

AAW layered bowl contest entry

This is the bowl for the contest entry. My wife named it "spider" for the lacewood pattern. The woods are lacewood, B. walnut (two layers), Bloodwood, and bookmatched Wenge. The bowl is 4 7/8" dia and 1 3/8" tall. I did not apply the final finish as I have had a VERY hard time with refecltions while taking photos of high gloss items. I really enjoyed the article and made four different bowls. My favorite I didnt post yet (its glossy, and didnt meet the size requirements).

AAW layered bowl contest entry
chriskuehn, Jan 9, 2006
    • Dave Bowers
      Chris, I liked how you've applied the article from the AAW. Of your posts with this tecnique, I like this one the best. The choice of woods and divisions work out perfectly.
    • chriskuehn
      Thank you very much for the kind words Dave!

I really enjoyed the article, and was very impressed with Jim's website and work. My first piece I had used similar woods but made the bowl 2 3/4" Dia and 2" tall. This allowed the viewing from the side. The rules and materials I had really pushed me for this type of top viewed bowl.

Best Regards,

Chris
    • jmarx
      Very nice combination - wow!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    chriskuehn
    Date:
    Jan 9, 2006
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    53.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    488px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    C725UZ
    Date / Time:
    2006:01:08 11:22:22
    Exposure Time:
    10/25 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    17.09 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).