Robbie Graham

Black, Blue and Green

Black, Blue and Green Wood: Matai Texture: Pyrography and iridescent paint Finish: semi gloss lacquer Diameter: 245mm Height: 55mm I started this piece at our Taupo Woodturning Jamboree last month as prep for Turnfest up on the Gold Coast Aus and have just finished it. It has quite a bit more pyro work than on previous pieces in this series and some will say too much but I think it works with centre framed by the pyrography. C & C welcome.

Black, Blue and Green
Robbie Graham, Apr 8, 2012
    • bob sesti
      I think its just right, it beautiful, I really like that blue and green together. nice pc.
    • gary rock
      Robbie

Did you do anything on the underside of the piece?

Gary
    • gary rock
      Robbie

Did you do anything on the underside of the piece?

Gary
    • Robbie Graham
      Hi Gary, yes the bottom is done as well. I wiil add a pic of the bottom.
      Thanks Bob, Robbie
    • Hal Taylor
      Robbie, this piece is beautiful. The amount of pyrography is not a problem at all to me - the overall effect is fantastic. The alternating bands on the top is a nice touch.
    • Peter Gray
      As commented eleswhere Robbie, I just love the textured / coloured "picture frame" to this lovely matai bowl, patricularily the upper Matai rim to define the Bowl from the shoulder
      Pete
    • Don Leydens
      She's a stunner, Robbie. So much to look at and she still has balance. Well done!

Don L.
    • Robbie Graham
      Thanks for the great comments Guys. Cheers, Robbie
    • dave J
      fabulous work and fits right in with the other peices I saw. really good pyrography and coloring work too!!
    • Robbie Graham
      Thanks Dave, I like to have some connection with my pieces and the pyrography works for me.
      Cheers,
      Robbie
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Robbie Graham
    Date:
    Apr 8, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    100.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    750px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot S3 IS
    Date / Time:
    2012:04:07 12:29:17
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    Focal Length:
    13.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).