Alan Carter

Blue Deco

The latest in my split bowl series. It's amazing how many different ideas can come out of one concept. The vessel is dyed quilted maple and has a nice chatoyance when you move around it. The pierced section is jatoba and the black parts are painted maple. The vessel is finished with gloss lacquer and the rest of it in satin to give a little more emphasis to the vessel. The top isn't a handle, just part of the piece. It's 17"Wx8"Hx2 1/2"D. C&C always welcome

Blue Deco
Alan Carter, Sep 10, 2012
    • Peter Gray
      Alan I have already commented eleswere on this piece, but just have to have a second shot.
      This is a superb piece of design & make, just absolutely fabulous in every detail,I just keep looking at it & wonder where you get the inspiration from, (would love to tap into it) i'm certain we have a new cover here. :cool2:
      Hope to catch you next month in NZ
      Pete
    • Jim Livingston
      Artistic impression "10", presentation "10", execution "10", overall aesthetic value "12 1/2"! (rated on a scale of 1 - 10).
    • gary rock
      Alan-

WOW!

Gary
    • Joseph Lang
      Alan,

Hard too add to the above comments except "Absolutley Gorgeous, Fantastic, Inspiring, Incredibly well done and Wow Wow!". I'm constantly amazed at your creativity, artistry and craftsmenship. If you could only bottle it, we would buy by the gallons.

JL
    • Lars Stole
      This is really wonderful, Alan. I think I like this one even more than Mandarin Spring (which was a 10, to be sure).
    • Alan Carter
      Many thanks. I'm very excited about the possiblities with this form and have several new pieces in mind.
    • Art Betke
      You are a true artist. I would love to be able to see the actual piece close up.
    • Hal
      Absolutely gorgeous. The vessel is quite striking with what you did and then framing it with the piercing...fantastic.
    • Richard Kennedy
      Beautiful piece its a pleasure to sit and look at it
    • Tim Rinehart
      Alan, this makes me think of the short genie bottles (unlike one Barbara Eden lived in!) but with an art deco twist. Striking piece, everything flows well. Sweet!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Alan Carter
    Date:
    Sep 10, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    128.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    316px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
    Date / Time:
    2012:09:02 11:56:23
    Exposure Time:
    1/13 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    46 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).