• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Burnt Ash with Turquoise
Jim McLain

Burnt Ash with Turquoise

Burnt ash with turquoise inlay. Tried to hide the crack that developed during the burning process as best I could. These pieces are tuff to burn without forming a crack. If anyone has any secrets to burning wood without cracking please share. 8 inches in diameter and about 4.5 inches tall.
I don't have a good suggestion on filling the cracks. Just my own personal opinion is that when you widen the crack to add a fill material it loses some of the natural aspect. That said, the turquoise is beautiful in contrast to that rich color you got from burning the wood. This is another eye popping beauty!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jim McLain
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device