Don Leydens

Cedar Bunch

A few Cedar pieces I did to warm up for my first hollow form. The tallest is about 8". Finished with Tung Oil and Beall buffed. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome, Don L. PS-The hollow form lived and will be posted soon.

Cedar Bunch
Don Leydens, Apr 20, 2010
    • Ted Evans
      Beautiful wood and finish, I like the forms, especially the tall one.

Ted
    • Wayne Spence
      To each his own. Why do a hollow form when your open forms are so exquisite?
    • Don Leydens
      Thanks so much Ted and Wayne. Appreciate it!
      Don L.
    • Ed Koenig
      Hello Don. I love the smell of aromatic Cedar. I hate the dust it makes. I hope you work safe around this stuff. You've created three very nice vessels and I look forward to seeing your first hollow form.
      Be well.
      Ed
    • Don Leydens
      Thanks Ed! The hollow form doesn't look anything close to your stuff, but for my first one, I'm quite pleased. Would have had it posted already buy I forgot to hit it with Acetone and the finish is really fighting me.
      Thanks again, Don L.
    • Lou Carbone
      Very nice Don, the cedar looks fantastic. I like the tall one too it has some great coloring and grain. Well done.
      Lou
    • Mr. Don
      GR8 work, Don...I love cedar, and you have done it true justice!! Give us more!!
    • alexc
      great work, loving the immense amount of heartwood on the right.
    • Dale Jablonski
      Great job! I agree with Ed, I love turning ERC but the dust can be nasty.
    • Don Leydens
      Thanks so much guys! And yes, I use a good respirator when sanding.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Don Leydens
    Date:
    Apr 20, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    57.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    450px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).