• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Bradner Bond for "Power Carved Figured Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 11, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Chaco Passages Tall One
Jim McLain

Chaco Passages Tall One

This is a piece that was commissioned by the owner of the Art Delivery Service in Santa Fe. The largest of this style of Chaco Passages I have done to date. It was an exceptional blank with two large bark inclusions to inlay and a good mix of heart wood and sap wood. I was able to put six repeating windows on the piece. It is about 8 inches wide and 20 inches tall. Alligator Juniper.
:eek: :confused::mad: Holy, crap. Just when I thought I was getting better. You just put me back in kindergarten with my skills, compared to yours. I'd have to go to the doctors for meds to have that much patience.

Very awesome work!

Hi Jim,

Really appreciate how you lay out the work to compliment the wood. Admire your clean burn lines.
Looking forward to seeing you in Portland.

Frank

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jim McLain
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Image metadata