Dick Wilson

Construction

Do any of you have boxes of turning parts collecting dust? I decided it might be fun to see if I could construct something. After searching through them I found parts that might go together. The form was something I tried many moons ago and to be honest I can't even remenber what it was for. The legs came from a hollow form in another life and were basicly 4 pieces. I took three pieces, cut out the middle and sanded them. The body was untouched except to turn a slot for the legs. Finial was turned. Hey, it is not everyones cup of tea but I had fun :-)))))))

Construction
Dick Wilson, Apr 22, 2012
    • Vincent Luciani
      Great idea Dick.....I`d be compelled to get a closer look if I saw this at a show, eye catching and very cool!
    • KurtB
      This is great! A whole new category called spiderforms!

Turning of the Week, 04/23/12
      AAW Home Page Photo
    • Dick Wilson
      What a Monday morning suprise. Thanks Kurt for cover and comments
    • Hal Taylor
      Congrats on the cover Dick. Your imagination and creativity is something else to come up with this piece using cast offs. A truly interesting and unique piece.
    • gary rock
      Dick-

Outstanding piece and congratulations.

Gary
    • Bill Pottorf
      Congratulations on the cover Dick! I agree with all above, in saying this is an exceptional piece. Well done.
    • Dick Wilson
      Ya know, I got to thinking. There are thousands of marvelous turners out there who I am in awe of. There are hundreds of postings of work on this forum every year. When I stop to think that only 52 pieces are selected in a year....well to say that this is a very humbling experience is an understatement. WOW!! Thanks again and thanks for the comments everyone.
    • Ed Koenig
      Congratulations on the cover, Dick. Nice piece.
    • Ronald Campbell
      Congrats Dick on Photo of the week
    • Bernie Bober
      Great work, nice form and great idea of assembling a beauty out of stuff that would probably not stand out on their own. I like the color contrast and nice flowing legs etc. Way to go!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Dick Wilson
    Date:
    Apr 22, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    80.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    512px
    Height:
    640px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX L3
    Date / Time:
    2006:03:09 19:14:33
    Exposure Time:
    13888888/100000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    6.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).