• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Copper Beech H/F
bob sesti

Copper Beech H/F

Copper Beech with a African Blackwood finial.This is a big one for me it is 16" tall with a 4 1/2" finial and 8 1/2 " wide. It has many many coats (10) wipe-on poly on the body just wax on the finial
Thank you George I really appreciate the nice feedback

Thanks George and Thomas I really appreciate the nice feedback

Bob

Wonderful piece! Were there any concerns over the fault lines. I have a large burl with many apparently weak faults, and I'm trying to work out how to turn the darn thing.

Howard

Thank you Guys I appreciate the feedback, Hi Bill, It is minwax wipe-on poly(clear gloss).I did buff it out with the Beall system....Howard there were no concerns with weak spots on this pc.the black lines are black lines from the spalting,no cracks....With that burl I think you should just go for it, but go slow (I mean stop and check often)and have some CA glue ready if needed. thanks

Bob, the cooper beach is fabulous, I have worked with it and what color and movement in the spalting. Your work is beautiful.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
bob sesti
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device