michael alguire

Easter Sunday

Another in my new series called "Steps" This was turned from mesquite with the intentional long neck to accept my carved steps ,this turned out to be a bit difficult as Ive never hollowed through a neck that long ,and required a bit more patience. After turning i used my carver to further deepen the cracks so i could add inlay. I then added turquoise for the inlay , sanded the glue back down to match the contour , and went back to the lathe to finish the outside of the piece along with bringing the inside to its finished thickness . After this was done i began carving and texturing my steps. Once that was complete i finished the piece with waterlox and then i hit it with a three stage buff. Then i accented the edges of the crosses and the top of the steps with my woodburner. It stands 6" tall and 4" in diameter , with a 1.75" diameter neck. Thank you for Looking and Happy Easter to all.

Easter Sunday
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    michael alguire
    Date:
    Apr 12, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    466.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2732px
    Height:
    1940px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot A2500
    Date / Time:
    2017:04:05 17:39:35
    Exposure Time:
    1/25 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    5.978 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).