• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
eccentric hackberry bowl with aluminum legs
Jeff Jilg

eccentric hackberry bowl with aluminum legs

Eccentric bowl, hackberry with aluminum legs. 4"h x 4.75"w The legs were turned/tapered on the lathe then bent. Both materials were sanded to 600 grit. Wood was finished with several tung oil coats. Legs were coated with carnauba wax then buffed. Comments are always welcome.
Very nice piece Jeff. I really like the shape. Was turning it hard to do? The legs almost disappear. It makes the piece really float.

i like it, the outside seems different from the round inside? that must be another thing i have not learned (1st time i seen it) yet

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jeff Jilg
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device