• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Elm Hollow Form with Walnut Collar
KurtB

Elm Hollow Form with Walnut Collar

This is about how something done in all the wrong order can still turn out OK. 8" H x 5.5" D. Started with the form, and near the end I had a design opportunity, so I added the walnut collar. Didn't care for how plain the piece was, so I tried some pyrography to improve it. Luckily, the burning color matched the walnut, and I think it all turned out OK!
What do you think? Finished with SS and satin lacquer. Thanks to Ed Koenig and Andi Wolfe for inspiration. Comments and critiques welcome.
Nice use of the medium. I too liked the way the pyro and walnut complimented each other.

Thanks, Keith. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Kurt, I just love this piece. Terrific contouring. Why don't you give yourself the cover? You deserve it!
Bill

The local newspaper recently ran a story on labyrinth's and there meanings to some people throughout history.
Very nice "Labyrinth" :cool2:vase. Jim

Thanks to all for your comments! I appreciate them all!

Bill, somehow, I just can't give myself the cover, but thanks for the vote of confidence!:D

I agree this belongs on the cover ,I am sure no one would complain if you hit the wrong button and your piece was sitting in the limelight for the day.It sure gets my vote
Cheers

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
KurtB
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata