Lars Stole

Evasive

Walnut and Holly, approximately 2"x4"x9" for the walnut forms; flower is 12" tall. The forms were made on the lathe with a stroboscope and an laser-guided hollowing tool. (Thanks to Marshall Gorrow for suggesting the title of the piece.)

Evasive
Lars Stole, May 21, 2012
    • odie
      This is my favorite of the two you've posted.....very nice shape, very appealing to the senses.

ooc
    • gary rock
      Lars-

Outstanding pieces.

Gary
    • Lars Stole
      Thanks for the positive comments. Odie, I agree with you about this piece -- it is also my favorite of the two because of the forms and flowing curves and also because of the extra skill it took to produce. (E.g., I have lots of discarded flowers that aren't quite right.) The "Mistaken" piece is very different, it was not intentionally designed from the outset (a true mistake), but it seems to generate a range of strong responses that I had not expected. The feedback on both pieces has caused me to rethink these mold and cast objects. I have a two pieces in the works that I may post photos of soon, but after that I not sure what I will do next in this 'impressions' series. Thanks again.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Lars Stole
    Date:
    May 21, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    238.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    867px
    Height:
    973px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).