• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Freckles
michael alguire

Freckles

I've had this piece of birds eye elm for quite some time and finally got around to making it art. I love the basket technique and i love the figure in this wood and thought the two would work nice together. after turning i then indexed, burned, and colored my design. then taped off the platter and sprayed a matt finish on the design. once dried i taped off the design and rubbed the platter down with waterlox. after the finish dried i buffed with the three stage beal buff. wood came from a good friend of mine Rick 'o Ryan . It measures 12" diameter and i used india ink for the pattern.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
michael alguire
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata