• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Frog Spirit
michael alguire

Frog Spirit

This was a fun one to do, from the beginning i had this idea about carving the rim and some hour the piece insisted on having frogs so i begun working on a design that i thought reminded me of frogs. Two things that are different , one i decided instead of splitting every bread i split every other one .worked really good for the pattern i chose. 2 i left a good portion of the rim un beaded so i could carve my designs.
Reading up on the symbolic meaning of a frog ,(The frog as spirit animal or totem reminds us of the transient nature of our lives. As symbol of transition and transformation, this spirit animal supports us in times of change. Strongly associated with the water element, it connects us with the world of emotions and feminine energies, as well as the process of cleansing, whether it’s physical, emotional, or more spiritual or energetic.)By Elena Harris, SpiritAnimal
I thought this was very fitting and chose Frog Spirit for the name.
6"x7.25"

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
michael alguire
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata