• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Giving Thanks
S. Clark

Giving Thanks

Oak, pyrography, acrylic paint
9.375x3.25

A squirrel pauses in pray giving thanks for the abundance of the forest.

My photograph doesnt show well the slight tint of green applied to the oak leaves by use of interference acrylic paint. The affect is subtle yet definite. Acrylic was also used to give a shine to the nuts and a little more depth to the squirrel.

As always, your thoughts and comments are welcome.
Very nice and the shape of the bowl is perfect. I have to take exception to the squirrel pausing "in prayer"; he's whistling for all his buddies to come to the feast. At least that's what all the squirrels in my yard do around the bird feeders.
: )

I agree; very well done. But if he paused long enough to pray, I'd throw a pine cone at him. Well, no; not if he was actually praying.

Your piece caught my eye immediately when I saw the thumbnails. The scene works perfectly with the flow of the bowl on the inside. I think it would work equally well on a platter. I particularly like the squirrel. What a wonderful piece.
Be well.
Ed

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
S. Clark
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings