• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Here Comes Santa Claus
Mark Hepburn

Here Comes Santa Claus

This year’s music box for my dearly beloved. Mostly varieties of maple for the base. The hats are ash and sycamore with transtint dye. Glitter is epoxied onto the white portions of hat. Everything is turned hollow so it’s light and amplifies the sound nicely.

The knob on side is the stop, and red one on top is the crank. Finished with shellac.

The movement is an antique 18 note Swiss I found.
:D Thanks Bill. I have a few more music box movements, so the tradition continues the next couple years or so.

It brought a big smile to my face. Thank you for the gift! Get more music movements!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mark Hepburn
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device