• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Holey Redemption
michael alguire

Holey Redemption

Hollowing thru a half inch hole has been quite a challenge for me. It is a real challenge as you can't use regular hollowing tools you have too use special tools that allow you to go thru a half inch hole . I've had many blow up on me and said a few words. I've been bruised and even bled a few times. After some tool modifications and some more practice and the help of David Ellsworth book I finally got one completed . The tools can still be a bit scary but I feel way more comfortable that I am gonna try another one. Number 1 out of 7 .I also used my scrap latching technique for this more then worthless piece of wood. Works great to hold the piece together. See my technique in American wood Turner's journal October 2018 vol. 33
Wood is cotton wood burl
Finish is Tung oil with three stage buff
7.00" diameter and 5.500" tall
Wall thickness at 1/8"
Contact me for purchase

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
michael alguire
Date added
View count