• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Hollow form with lid.
G

Hollow form with lid.

This piece is turned from Macrocarpa 6"wide x 7" high sanded to 600 grit and buffed off the lathe and finished with Renaissance wax
comments very welcome
very nice, George

Just gorgeous, George. I'm really liking these finials you're coming up with. Great stuff!!
Don L.

George...my impression is that you were going after an apple look complete with stem, if so you have succeeded !!
If not, you still succeeded ...nice indeed.

Thank you Don.
I made the hollow form the daybefore yesterday it took me
2 3/4 Hrs.
Then for 4 hours i tried making differant lids and finials and just could not make anything i liked .Then i saw a perfume jar my wife had for christmas it was simular to this shape so that was it a finial was born.

Regards George

Hello Ed.
Isn't it funny how different people see different things i never saw the apple shape until you said.
Thank you for your comment.

Regards George

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
George Foweraker
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings