Carol Hall

I Rise

"I Rise" will be offered in the Silent Auction at the Mid Atlantic Woodturning Symposium, October 28 - 29. It was created from Spalted Maple harvested in our yard and turned by my husband, Mark Hall. Then it was burned with a pyrography pen, pierced and painted. I was influenced by the Celtic "Tale of Taliesin" myths and the Maya Angeloo poem "Still I Rise", which speak of strength and triumph.

I Rise
Carol Hall, Sep 29, 2017
    • Peter Gray
      fabulous detail Carol, a storybook in wood, it should achieve a great price, well done you two
    • Carol Hall
      Thank you, Peter. I am inspired by your logo. It would be great to do a piece based on New Zealand myths.
    • Peter Gray
    • Michael Lyle
      Just incredible..... extraordinary........Beautiful.....
      I am In awe.
      Of what I am looking at....
      I love your art...

Thank you

Can I ask how many hours to complete.

Mike
    • Carol Hall
      Sorry about the delay... I missed your note. Thanks for the kind words. We cut the tree down from our yard. Mark, my husband, turned this piece thin with steep sides, so there's a nice surface for the narrative to encircle the piece. The painting, burning and carving was about 30 hours. I work on several pieces at once and rotate them under a heat lamp to dry the thin layers of paint. This is my favorite piece that I have done. It week be in a silent auction at the Mid Atlantic Woodturning Symposium this Sunday. I hope it goes to a good home! Do you paint?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Carol Hall
    Date:
    Sep 29, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    521.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2000px
    Height:
    715px
    Aperture:
    f/22.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 80D
    Date / Time:
    2016:01:28 17:20:19
    Exposure Time:
    1/25 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    97 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).