• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Imaginary Tubes
Tom Lohman

Imaginary Tubes

14.25” x 5.125”. Made with Cherry, Wenge, Bloodwood, Yellowheart, Holly and Chakte Viga. There are 144 pieces per row for a total of 6,145 pieces. Not everyone will see the 3D effect, but I hope you do. I started selling plans for Segment PRO, the set comes with 30 plans, (15) 48 segment plans, (10) 60 segment plans and (5) 72 segment plans, One of the 72 segment plans is based on this bowl, just visit my site "segmentedturning.org"
Outstanding.... I wish I knew how you work with such small pieces.

Outstanding doesn't even do it justice. Getting all those rings aligned when gluing and doing it that well is just short impossible. Beautifully done. I bow to you skill.

If you look at my work, you can tell that I have patience and don't mind spending weeks working on a single piece. I have also made many a segmented piece as well. That said, I cannot begin to fathom the amount of detail work that went into making this. Amazing!

Amazing. How you segmenter guys do this with so much accuracy and precision is beyond me...

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Tom Lohman
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Image metadata

Device