Tom Lohman

Imaginary Tubes

14.25” x 5.125”. Made with Cherry, Wenge, Bloodwood, Yellowheart, Holly and Chakte Viga. There are 144 pieces per row for a total of 6,145 pieces. Not everyone will see the 3D effect, but I hope you do. I started selling plans for Segment PRO, the set comes with 30 plans, (15) 48 segment plans, (10) 60 segment plans and (5) 72 segment plans, One of the 72 segment plans is based on this bowl, just visit my site "segmentedturning.org"

Imaginary Tubes
Tom Lohman, Jan 15, 2017
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Andy Chen
      Tom, your work is jest incredible!
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Bill Boehme
      Very impressive. I love the 3-D shading effect using different colored wood. Makes me think of a bowl of pasta. :)
    • Bill Bulloch
      Outstanding.... I wish I knew how you work with such small pieces.
    • john lucas
      Outstanding doesn't even do it justice. Getting all those rings aligned when gluing and doing it that well is just short impossible. Beautifully done. I bow to you skill.
    • Justin Stephen
      If you look at my work, you can tell that I have patience and don't mind spending weeks working on a single piece. I have also made many a segmented piece as well. That said, I cannot begin to fathom the amount of detail work that went into making this. Amazing!
    • underdog
      Amazing. How you segmenter guys do this with so much accuracy and precision is beyond me...
    • Russ Braun
      This is top shelf work Tom! Your new deserved nickname is maestro!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Tom Lohman
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2980px
    Height:
    3064px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 6s
    Date / Time:
    2017:01:15 10:58:51
    Exposure Time:
    1/20 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.15 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).