Robert Manning

Ivory Improv

[B][I]Ivory Improv[/I][/B] "Woodturning is a naturally symmetrical process. Soon after I started turning segmented forms, I felt a singing desire for asymmetry. [B][I]Ivory Improv[/I][/B] is one manifestation of that desire." [B][I]Ivory Improv[/I][/B] Bleached Sugar Maple, Ebony, Bloodwood 6 3/8" x 13 1/4" 7.65 ounces (217 grams) January 2010 575 pieces [url=http://www.californiawoodartist.com]californiawoodartist.com[/url] Images copyright 2010 by Robert Manning

Ivory Improv
Robert Manning, Jul 17, 2010
    • Leo Frilot
      Very nice Robert. Great execution/craftsmanship. How do you keep the red and black dust from bleeding into the light colors?
    • Robert Manning
      Thank you Leo,

Maple has a very close grain and there is such a small amount of ebony and bloodwood. The sanding dust was not a problem.
    • Terry Scott
      Exquisite work Robert
      Top Shelf
    • Don Leydens
      Gorgeous Robert. Class all the way.
      Don L.
    • bhask
      Robert,

Extremely nice. I'm a fan of asymmetry also, but that design trait hasn't really found its way into my work.
    • bhask
      Robert,

Extremely nice. I'm a fan of asymmetry also, but that design trait hasn't really found its way into my work.
    • bhask
      Robert,

• bhask
      Robert,

• Robert Manning
      Terry,
      Thank you. That's a very high compliment all the way from New Zealand.

Don,
      I appreciate your generous comments as well.

Bill,
      I think you're the first person to like my work in a multiples format. Good idea. This reminds me of an Andy Warhol print.

Thank you
      Thank you
      Thank you
      Thank you.
    • Dale Jablonski
      excellent job! I can see why it was recognized.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Robert Manning
    Date:
    Jul 17, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    111.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    640px
    Aperture:
    f/11.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D5000
    Date / Time:
    2011:01:25 12:25:27
    Exposure Time:
    10/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    32 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).