Bill Pottorf

Japanese Tea Light

The Japanese Tea Light came to mind after I turned some leftover Hard Maple band saw scraps into small bases for supporting smaller turnings lying around. So, I turned the egg shaped bowl from some leftover Sycamore I had lying around to fit the base together with the bowl. Diane thought it needed something else to give it a little pizzazz. So, I got out the pencil and paper and worked on a piercing design for a border below the lip and did the piercing. We still thought it needed more, so the black and red acrylic colors were airbrushed on. The last step was finishing with Krylon Matt Finish Lacquer and polishing with paper by hand. I do not know what else to do, so I guess it is finished. The overall size is 3 x 4 x 2 Dia. The tea light is a battery operated light which sits nicely in the bowl.

Japanese Tea Light
Bill Pottorf, Aug 18, 2012
    • Peter Gray
      Classy piece Bill, very nice indeed
      Pete
    • John Beaver
      I really like this little Tea Light. You got it just right.
    • Bill Pottorf
      Peter and John - really glad you like the Tea Light. It was fun coming up with the concept and learned a little in the process. Thanks to each of you for your kind thoughts.
    • gary rock
      Bill-

Hope to see it in person at SWAT.

Gary
    • Bill Pottorf
      Gary -

I will have this at swat but not in the instant gallery.
    • Mike Gibson
      What a little gem! Just love this Bill!
      Cynthia
    • Bill Pottorf
      Thank you so much Cynthia. That really means a lot to me coming from you.
    • odie
      Hello Bill........

As with others here, this is a very nice little piece. The shape is very pleasing to my eye........

ooc
    • Bill Pottorf
      Thank you Odie. I traded this piece away this weekend at the swat meet in Waco. Already miss it but know that it is making someone else very happy. I am going to mak another so that I will not forget how. Thanks again.
    • KurtB
      Bill, I tried to pick this piece last week, but my computer went down with a virus. Nicely done work!

Turning of the Week, 08/27/2012
      AAW Home Page Photo
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Bill Pottorf
    Date:
    Aug 18, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    61.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    727px
    Height:
    528px
    Aperture:
    f/16.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D80
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:14 09:36:28
    Exposure Time:
    1/3 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    90 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).