• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Bradner Bond for "Power Carved Figured Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 11, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Kansas City Substitute
michael alguire

Kansas City Substitute

Well even though i didn't get too go to the aaw symposium a piece of mine did get to go.
Wendy nave from Wendy sawmill , a mesquite dealer and vendor at the trade show, contacted me a few weeks before asking if i would make a piece out of green mesquite and turn it to completion too display how stable mesquite is.
I gladly excepted and got to work.
I had the idea to position the sap wood right around the rim to exsentuate my steps. Im very pleased and glad i got to send it . be sure to stop by and have a look if your in Kansas.
Waterlox finish with three stage buff. I forgot to take measurements before sending.
But it was turned from her most popular sizes 9x9x6.750 and i kept it as close to that size as i could.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
michael alguire
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata