• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Mediterranean Olive with Ebony collar
Paul Porter

Mediterranean Olive with Ebony collar

This piece is 6.5 in. tall and 9.5 in. in diameter. I texured the collar after watching several demonstrators texturing at the Utah Woodturning Symposium.
I like the collar accent on this Paul, and the texturing looks like it turned out well too. But beyond that the figure in this wood is outstanding...you've done it justice!

Thanks Jeff. I've been doing a lot of collars lately. I like the way it finishes off a piece. The olive we get around here is awesome. I don't know if it has to do with the extreme heat, salty water or the soil. It's one of my favorite woods to turn. And it sells real well.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Paul Porter
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device