• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Meiping cherry
Lionel Mercier

Meiping cherry

just to start the year...
it's cherry 150 high x 95mm dia
This piece has another name. I don't dare choose for title.
When I was turning, it seems to me like a torso with cleavage and decapited too
and for this reason I thought of Queen Anne Boleyn...
Someone tell me: it's the kind of parts Trent Bosch. Yes, but I don't know the way he makes.
Mine is performed with help of a router strenghten on the banjo, same way as for the amphora
Have a happy new year,

Lionel
It doesn't make any difference what you call it. It is an outstanding piece of work. All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!! Trent Bosch would be proud.

PS - I tryed to use my trim router on a piece once and went through the side. It was during my learning curve years called design opportunity :)))))

I sit looking at this figure of art and tried to decide how ity was accomplished. I suppose you do not want to let out your trade secrets but could you please tease us with some hints.

Lovely piece you did, it amazes me.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Lionel Mercier
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata