• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Molly's Vessel
D

Molly's Vessel

This is a piece that my friend Molly and I have been working on together.

It started out as a small hollow vessel that Molly had turned and burned. These are the black lines in between the colored areas.

She posted it on the WOW website as a mistake to be burned in the near future.

I basically begged her to send it to me to see what I could do with it. Thankfully she did.

I have been messing with this for a couple of months.

I first textured it, and then decided it needed a little color.

The color was done with the Prismacolor markers. It is a new area for me, but one that I will be exploring in the future.

I believe it is a wonderful thing to work with others turners on pieces. It can sometimes open up new areas of work that you may not have thought of.

Thanks Molly.

Dave
love the choice of colors!

you transformed something that was an experimental piece into a lovely object.

perhaps you and molly will do another?

Good job Dave. Nice recovery. Maybe next time I get disenchanted with a piece I'm working on, I'll send it to you to see what come up with.

Paul

Hello Paul,

I have seen your work Paul, I kinda get the feeling that you don't miss on many either :) But it is wonderful to work with someone else. I think that is probably the reason so much great work comes from the Emma Lake conference.

To get together with so many creative people is about as good as it gets!!

Best,
Dave

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Dave Peebles
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings