Malcolm Tibbetts

Pearls From the Forest

The upper construction is comprised of 60 spheres (a Bucky Ball) surrounding 12 spheres (a dodecahedron) surrounding a single sphere. The main base sphere is an icosahedron built from 80 mitered triangles.

Tags:
Pearls From the Forest
Malcolm Tibbetts, May 22, 2004
    • Malcolm Tibbetts
      This is the second in a series of sculpural pieces that were inspired by the C60 molecule know as a Buckyball (after Buckminster Fuller). A 3/8" steel rod holds everything together and all the upper components rotate freely.
    • Bob Edwards
      This looks like the work of Malcolm Tibbetts. He is the only one I know with this much patiencs, and it is up to his usual high standard.
    • Mike Schwing
      I sit here and one thing keeps going through my head as I look at this...WOW...
    • bowlman
      Amazing!!!!!!!!!!! As one who was fortunate enough to attend classes under Bucky, I think he would approve.
    • Angelo
      Your work makes my head ache! Excellent stuff!

A
    • John Abt
      Malcom's work fascinates me. His designs and details amaze me. I also wonder how he gets his ideas and develops the designs (I can't even spell dodecahedron, much less design one....)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Malcolm Tibbetts
    Date:
    May 22, 2004
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    56.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    1065px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX Optio 550
    Date / Time:
    2004:05:18 01:30:23
    Exposure Time:
    10/400 sec
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).