1. Join the Go-To Source for Woodturners!

Please read the new sticky announcement here for full details.

Dismiss Notice
Malcolm Tibbetts

Pearls From the Forest

The upper construction is comprised of 60 spheres (a Bucky Ball) surrounding 12 spheres (a dodecahedron) surrounding a single sphere. The main base sphere is an icosahedron built from 80 mitered triangles.

Tags:
Pearls From the Forest
Malcolm Tibbetts, May 22, 2004
    • Malcolm Tibbetts
      This is the second in a series of sculpural pieces that were inspired by the C60 molecule know as a Buckyball (after Buckminster Fuller). A 3/8" steel rod holds everything together and all the upper components rotate freely.
    • Bob Edwards
      This looks like the work of Malcolm Tibbetts. He is the only one I know with this much patiencs, and it is up to his usual high standard.
    • Mike Schwing
      I sit here and one thing keeps going through my head as I look at this...WOW...
    • bowlman
      Amazing!!!!!!!!!!! As one who was fortunate enough to attend classes under Bucky, I think he would approve.
    • Angelo
      Your work makes my head ache! Excellent stuff!

A
    • John Abt
      Malcom's work fascinates me. His designs and details amaze me. I also wonder how he gets his ideas and develops the designs (I can't even spell dodecahedron, much less design one....)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Malcolm Tibbetts
    Date:
    May 22, 2004
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    56.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    1065px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX Optio 550
    Date / Time:
    2004:05:18 01:30:23
    Exposure Time:
    10/400 sec
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).