• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Pearly Ferns
G

Pearly Ferns

The inspiration behind this piece was a fern beside a back country stream when I was out fishing. Size 170mm dia x 100mm in height, the finish is lacquer with a pearl colour.The wood is Macrocarpa.
STUNNING!
!!
!!!...

Thank you all for some vey nice comments.
Ron to answer your question the bottom is not square, it has three blended feet. This photo does not show them very well.
Cheers Gordon

Hi Jovan to be honest I don't count the hours but there would be a few days work, it is a little hard to estimate as I'm working on more than one piece at a time, eg paint drying one one piece while I carve another.
Cheers Gordon

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Gordon Pembridge
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata