Malcolm Tibbetts

Perpetuity

Ive been spending so much time lately on the forum, I thought that I might as well post one of my more recent pieces. This is constructed from 4704 (3 x 98 x 16) pieces of carob. The trefoil knot shape is the result of cutting apart three identical 10 diameter donuts into sections and then rejoining them. The base is granite. Some might remember this from the Hartford symposium. As always, all comments are welcome.

Perpetuity
Malcolm Tibbetts, Jul 6, 2010
    • Terry Scott
      Allot of work went into this Malcolm shes a beauty mate
    • Don Leydens
      That's some serious work alright. Well done!
      Don L.
    • charlie knighton
      very nice, thanks for sharing Malcolm
    • John Ellis
      As usual, Malcolm, your work just boggles my mind. Another home run.
    • Wayne Spence
      I can't look for long, makes me think you are demented. It is a nice piece. Cheers
    • Lou Carbone
      I can't imagine what the gluing must have been like. Very nice piece.
    • Jonathan Garcia
      I think this should be the new official symbol for infinity. Very fun to look at. Incredible work!
    • Dean Center
      That's amazing. Even with your description, it's hard to imagine how to do that. It also makes me hungry for bratwurst, for some reason. Thanks for sharing.
    • KurtB
      Malcolm, your turning remains first rate!

Turning of the Week, 07-12-10
      AAW Home Page Photo
    • Alan Carter
      No fair!!! Pieces this good should be barred from photo of the week to give everyone else a chance.
      Outstanding as usual, Malcolm.
      For those of you within 2000 miles of Chicago, Malcolm will be demo-ing at Turn On Chicago, August 20-22. Go to Chicagowoodturners.org for more info. There's still time to register. You'll learn tons of good stuff and have a great time if you come.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Malcolm Tibbetts
    Date:
    Jul 6, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    69.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    721px
    Height:
    900px
    Aperture:
    f/20.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
    Date / Time:
    2010:06:11 07:23:19
    Exposure Time:
    32/10 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    36 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).