• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Praying Hands On Sapele (2)
Breck Whitworth

Praying Hands On Sapele (2)

Sapele canvas for praying hands
The beads on both these pieces look very well done, Breck. Also, sometimes it's hard to know when to stop, but you have quite a few pieces that look like you've used restraint wisely. Keep it up, my friend! :D

-----odie-----

Hi Breck, like Odie said very well done indeed. Is it very time consuming doing the Pyrographic pieces? I'm guessing that it would depend on the size of the subject? Thanks for sharing Breck.

@Lamar Wright The first time I do a subject takes way more time than the second or third one. These are 12"across so the pyro subject is not more than 6 to 8 inches across but I can tell you the tree with all of it's leaves took way longer than the hands. I did the hands in about an hour and a half but the trees take way more.

@Breck Whitworth Thanks Breck for your for your reply. Ever how long it takes it sure is worth the time. I like how you added texture and burnt in the wood around the edge of your piece. Well done Breck.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Breck Whitworth
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Filename