• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Rhombicosidododecahedron
H

Rhombicosidododecahedron

Rhombicosidododecahedron
approx 1'(ft) in dia. Walls are approx 5/8" thick. The secrect to this is accurately setting the table saw blade to within 5' min of arch. To do this you can buy an inexpensive "Machinest Protractor" from Grizzley.. Another trick is to use 22 gague staples on the work as you glue it up. Remove the exterior ones before turning. Don't worry about the interior ones, they will never show.
Hamp
P.s. Your book was my inspiration!!

I will look, I bought mine seveal years ago. Starrett makes one, so does Mitoyuto. Look on Ebay. The Starrett and Mitoyuto one is a Vernier scale which of me is hard to use, but more accurate (if you can set it). The Grizzely one has a dial broken into 5' of arch segement (1/12 of a degeee; 0.08333). This to me is much easier to use for this purpose. For example the Pentagons have to be mitred at 15.8587 degrees. I simply go to the 10th mark and have 15.8333. I give up 0.025367, which is probally less than the wobble on the table saw blade. Anyway, it works.
thanks for your comments
Hamp
Hamp

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Hamp Stevens
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating