• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Shears
Robbie Graham

Shears

Shears

Height: approx: 350mm
Wall thickness: about 10mm

The piece is turned from a very old Pohutukawa tree (NZ Christmas tree) and has wonderful black streaks running through the timber. The legs are old sheep shearing shears, which my Father-in-law was throwing out and as I'm a bit of a hoarder and thought they would come in handy one day, as you do!!!
They did come in handy as you can see and as luck would have it only three of the blades were any good.
The band is turned as part of the piece but I wanted it to look as if was rusty steel to match the rusty blades.
I spent a bit of time designing this piece because the idea started with the shears and had to work out what type of vessel would suit the three blades.
It was a fun project and think it all came together in the end.

Comments and critique welcome
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Robbie Graham
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings