Don Leydens

Simple Cedar Bowl

My cousin brought me over a load of cedar and when I asked him what he would like in return, he said "just a simple bowl". So, that's what he got. The grain was too nice to mess around with anyway. A little texturing on the rim. Finished with Tung Oil and Beall buffed. 12" dia. X 5" tall. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome, Don L.

Simple Cedar Bowl
Don Leydens, Jun 26, 2010
    • Michelle Rich
      great bowl..great wood..I like the rim design because it is simple..the slant makes it one step up...
    • joe pearson
      Every now and then there is a photo that just catches the eye, elegant form, lovely wood and I really like the rim, you have done a nice job Don, kept it simple and let the wood speak for its self, congratulations to your cousin he is getting a SUPER bowl for his efforts
    • Don Leydens
      Michelle - Thanks for the nice compliment. You're the best.

Joe - That was so nice, I sent your words to my cousin. Hope you don't mind.

Don L.
    • Terry Scott
      The carved rim just makes it that much more special
    • Lou Carbone
      Great bowl Don. I like the rim too & the cedar looks awesome.
    • Don Leydens
      Thank you Terry and Lou!!!!
      Don L.
    • John Beaver
      Don, This is one of my favorite of your pieces. The wood is beautiful, the shape of the bowl is great, and the carving enhancements are just right.
      Well done.
    • barbsiddiqui
      Beautiful bowl, Don. The grain like a stone in a pool, and the black lines emphasizing the carved detail. You sure have a good eye for 'not doing too much.' Wonderful.
    • Don Leydens
      Thank you Barb and John. Believe me, your comments are appreciated!
      Don L.
    • Robert Manning
      That is a beautiful piece of wood. Is that the aromatic cedar as used in cedar chests? What's it like to turn?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Don Leydens
    Date:
    Jun 26, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    41.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    375px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).