• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
square ornaments
john lucas

square ornaments

I decided to come up with a new ornament for a demo I was doing for the club. I wanted to make it very simple using only a few tools. It's all done with a spindle gouge to face off the squares and a negative rake round nose scraper. OK I got carried away and two of them were done with a router and indexing.
I knew it was yours before looking at the name. :D

Very creative on all of the pieces and getting the routed edges to perfectly match makes themtwo on the bottom especially outstanding.

Yes they are Odie. I use a 1/2" straight bit mounted at 45 degrees in my router cradle.

Media information

Album
square ornaments
Added by
john lucas
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Image metadata

Device