Malcolm Tibbetts

Talking with Wood

Holly, carob, ebony, bubinga and assorted exotics. 17" diameter

Talking with Wood
Malcolm Tibbetts, Jun 22, 2004
    • Jeff Jilg
      Malcolm, if you keep posting pieces like this, then some of us will get converted over to segmented turners just from pure envy and the hope of emulating some of it. This is another nice showy piece. Very southwestern.
    • Erwin Nistler
      Beautifull bowl. Great photography.
      Do you do the inlays after the bowl is about finished or do inlay segments before glueing and turning.
    • Malcolm Tibbetts
      Re: inlay segments... There are no inlays in the traditional sense, except for the round Indian faces. The faces were inserted as plugs after the upper half of the vessel was assembled. If you could see the inside, the faces would be visible, they go all the way through. The upper half was off-set mounted and the openings were turned to fit the face plugs. Hope that explains it.
      Malcolm
    • Erwin Nistler
      That 10 goes for the workmanship also.
    • nicksilva
      Hello. You know we all have things we like over other things. I've never been a big fan of Segmented turning, but I have to say I TRUELY LOVE your SW bowl. Keep up the good work. peace.
    • Steve Worcester
      Good work - photo of the day 12-30-04
    • Mr. Don
      DAMN....YOU ARE GOOD!!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Malcolm Tibbetts
    Date:
    Jun 22, 2004
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    68.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    760px
    Height:
    433px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX Optio 550
    Date / Time:
    2003:09:16 02:26:50
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    Focal Length:
    17.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).