Bill Tilson

Tall Flower Petals

I was lucky to have one of my Petal series critiqued at SWAT last year by three really great artists and one of the comments was that they wondered what it would look like larger and taller besides being more delicate. Well I decided to try one and am liking the added height and size, how about you? Comments are welcome. Maple burl and African Blackwood 12X7

Tall Flower Petals
Bill Tilson, Mar 1, 2008
    • Norm Smith
      It sure does look delicate. Beautiful piece.
      Norm
    • Bill Pottorf
      Bill, a spectacular piece and I really like it. The stem is perfect in shape and height. Delicacy is certainly apparent with the stem and the transparent petal work. You can really see through them. Good work Bill.
    • 57_T-Bird
      Bill, I attended your rotation at SWAT, so saw those up close. And really liked them. But this is indeed an improvement. Great work.

T-Bird
    • pfduffy
      Great presentation of complete elegance! BZ Philip
    • Michael Stafford
      Bill, these flowers of yours just get better and better. I really like your work.
    • Bill Tilson
      Am glad you liked the piece - thank all of you for your comments, I really appreciate it.

Michael - congrats on your box in the journal!
    • KurtB
      Beautiful!

POD 03-02-08
      AAW Home Page Photo Of the Day
      ---
      KurtB
      AAW Forums Co-Moderator
      --------------------------
    • Bill Tilson
      Kurt - thanks for the photo of the day!
    • Bill Pottorf
      Bill, congratulations on POD, you well deserve it. Well done.
    • KurtB
      Bill Tilson - 1945-2009
      I gave the POD to Bill in March of 2008 for this piece, and it still remains one of my favorites of all.

POD 07-21-09 In Memoriam
      AAW Home Page Photo Of the Day
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Bill Tilson
    Date:
    Mar 1, 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    23 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    768px
    Height:
    483px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).