• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Tossed Walnut
James Seyfried

Tossed Walnut

This is a 7 ¾” x 5 ¼” Walnut bowl that has been thrice turned. If I hadn’t tossed it while buffing it, twice turned would have been sufficient. Fortunately I put a towel over the ways and it landed in my plastic dust collector chute. But it still dented the rim a bit and caused a bit of extra work. The next time I buffed it I put 2’ x 2’ rubber floor mat on the ways just in case. I determined it caught the bottom lip on the buffing wheel and ripped it out of my hands. I’ve had this one around for a while as I decided what to do with the large inclusion. I ended up filling it with epoxy and African Blackwood chips/saw dust.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
James Seyfried
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename