nicksilva

Turkish Box 1

This is a cherry wood box that has been wrapped in leather. The top - including the hinges and handle are also leather. The basketweave has been engraved.

Turkish Box 1
nicksilva, Apr 25, 2004
    • Chris Wright
      Nice box Nick. The leather wrap is an interesting enhancement. What did you use to secure the leather?
    • Jeff Jilg
      I like this box too Nick. Did you engrave by hand or use a machine? Didn't I read in a forum in the last 6 months that you have a laser engraver?
    • nicksilva
      Hello and thanks. I'll answer both questions. The wrap is adhered with contact cement. You only get once chance with it, so you have to make sure it fits right the first time before adding the glue.
      This box was a prototype of sorts, so yes I engraved it with my laser engraver. The next one will be hand stamped or hand carved leather. Or to really mix it up, I may do an ornamental turned basketweave on an all wood box. So many options, so little time. peace.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    nicksilva
    Date:
    Apr 25, 2004
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    16.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    360px
    Height:
    327px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).