James Seyfried

Very Cherry

This natural edge bowl is about 11 ¼” x 8 ¾” x 5 ½” and about 3/16” thick. It has been colored with red and yellow dyes, sanded back between applications. This is my most ambitious carving attempt on bowls so far. It took me exponentially longer to carve these feet than the previous one I made. There was more than one time that I thought I might have destroyed it. I think it is surprisingly shinny for being finished with Danish oil. The most nerve-racking part for me was the buffing; I used the Beall system sans the wax. Thanks for looking…Made in 2015

Very Cherry
James Seyfried, Nov 16, 2016
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Mark Hepburn
      It is so beautiful. And it's so colorful it actually seems to be it's own light source as though it's radiating light.
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      pat miller
      This is a knock out Jim. The excellent bowl without feet would have been a first class work but adding those perfectly proportioned claw feet really stands it apart. Well done!
      odie likes this.
    • Raymond Puffer
      Jim, this is a really stunning piece. Great coloring and form. Love the little feet.
    • James Seyfried
      Mark, Pat, and Raymond thank you for your kind words! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.
    • hockenbery
      James that is a stunning piece.

And four legs too! Three feet never rock.
      The four look firmly planted and elevate the bowl elegantly

I like that bowl a lot.
    • Breck Whitworth
      James this is delicate perfection. I just love this heirloom piece, you really out did your self on this one.
    • James Seyfried
      Thanks, Al and Breck!
    • Curtis Fuller
      Jim, this bowl gets prettier every time I see it!
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      odie
      Jim......I have come back to look at this one several times! Really......such great visual with this one!

ko
    • James Seyfried
      Thanks, Curt and Odie! This is one of my favorites.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    James Seyfried
    Date:
    Nov 16, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    104.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    662px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).