michael alguire

Wheel Of Delicacy #3 Butterfly Effect

Wheel Of Delicacy #3 Butterfly Effect My latest in my wheel series has taken a new turn , while there is no color added ,it is a lot wider than my last two, and is a lot more challenging with the glue up as well as the piercing , I chose no wood burning or color on this piece ,cause i wanted to see how well it speaks with out it. I think i like this wide style a little more . and have many more directions i can take this . wood is box elder and its 10 " in diameter and 5.25" wide the inside is diameter is 6.125"

Wheel Of Delicacy #3 Butterfly Effect
    • Martin Groneng
      Now, this is what I really like, Michael, because I'm partial to "natural" creations. Just superb!
    • Lamar Wright
      Beautiful Michael, just beautiful. I like the natural look also. Do you use a scroll saw for this work? Again, very nice indeed.
    • michael alguire
      thank you guys , this was turned on a lathe and then pierced with a turbine , no scroll saw
    • Glynn Cox
      @michael alguire
      Michael, I also do thin wall piercing very much like you have done in this exquisite piece but I would like to know how many pieces you made and assembled. I can only see one possible joint in the photo. It looks like the back side is solid (no center hole), is that true? I am very impressed with your tool control and maintaining line widths.
      Great job,
      Glynn
    • michael alguire
      @Glynn Cox thanks glen there is only one joint and the center hole goes all the way through, this is a new venture for me doing the piercing still allot to learn but I'm enjoying it. I'll oust another picture of a font view.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    michael alguire
    Date:
    Sep 12, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    363 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1800px
    Height:
    1696px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).