Bill Boehme

Woven Basket Illusion

Re-shoot for photographic lighting critique. Ugly holder.

Woven Basket Illusion
Bill Boehme, Nov 23, 2010
    • Robert Manning
      Bill, I like the way the background goes from snow white to coal black. Did your cat give you that idea?

I don't think the Anasazi could have done any better with their lighting techniques.
    • Mike Gibson
      Bill, l find the holder distracts from the wonderful bowl. l know it is awkward to hold a form this shape but this holder is a little overpowering. Apart from that great photo.
    • Bill Boehme
      Robert, I suppose that he did -- he said to buy Flotone Studio Gray Graduated background "paper" (it is actually a sheet of PVC plastic). B&H sells it. Varitone is another brand that is similar.

Mike, I agree. I posted this specifically for John Lucas to critique because I knew that the support thing was a big distraction. If you look in the Tips forum, he shows how he handles the issue. He said that he has tried all sorts of props and none work well if they are visible. The lighting is also a bit too flat and I need to work on the shadows to add some depth to the image.
    • Roger Chandler
      Beautiful basket bowl, Bill!   Bold and vibrant colors and it makes me wonder how many hours you have invested in this one!
    • Patrick Carroll
      Beautiful work Bill
    • Patrick Carroll
      Beautiful work Bill. I like the coloring
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Bill Boehme's Album
    Uploaded By:
    Bill Boehme
    Date:
    Nov 23, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    458.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1020px
    Height:
    860px
    Aperture:
    f/13.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 7D
    Date / Time:
    2010:01:24 21:13:54
    Exposure Time:
    1/1 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    130 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).