• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Forum for critiques

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
I am emerging in my woodturning, & would really like feedback on a few pieces of work now & then. Is there a proper forum for seeking such feedback? By the way, I'm not seeking praise but real insight in how to get better.

Rich

I am emerging in my woodturning, & would really like feedback on a few pieces of work now & then. Is there a proper forum for seeking such feedback? By the way, I'm not seeking praise but real insight in how to get better.

Rich

I would say put it in the main forum. Hope you are thick skinned LOL. Most here will be constructive in their opinions.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
?.. Most here will be constructive in their opinions.

.... And, those who aren't will get some time in the cooler to think things over.

Good idea, I am about to ask for constructive critiques as well. (I am really dependant on Powdermilk Biscuits)

That and rhubarb pie. :D

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJAalspaKA

It's an idea worth continued discussion. Whatever future changes we make, I feel that it is important that they convey a feeling of inclusiveness towards all experience levels. For the time being, I agree with Gerald that the Discussion Forum is the appropriate place.

Also, in order to provide a helpful critique it's important that the person let others know where they are in their woodturning journey in order to receive the most helpful feedback. Lastly, it's always difficult to evaluate a turning when looking at a photo. It's hard to separate the need to take good photographs from the degree of help received.

Back