• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

When does Powermatic go on sale?

usually special prices @ national symposium.....I believe it's in Portland this year.....June 14......all major lathe vendors will be there with sale prices.....u can see them and see demos.....if u are definitely decided on powermatic and can pick up at symposium they sell the lathes that are used in rotations or just buy at symposium and they can ship......usually there is a delay in the shipping but very reasonable....I bought 1642 @ Richmond with outboard stand......it was shipped from tenn. a couple weeks later
If picking up at symposium you need to make arrangements probably now to buy/pickup.....Al will know who to contact

There's a place in Auburn, WA, 15 miles south of Seattle...... It'd be about 150 miles north of the Portland AAW symposium in June.

Originally, I believe it was a scratch and dent liquidator for Jet whose warehouse was almost next door. I don't know exactly what their situation is right now.

They always have a number of Powermatic and Jet stationary tools at discounted prices on Seattle CL (under "tools" search for "Auburn"). You could respond to one of their ads to get a contact number to ask questions. Last time I was in there kicking tires the guy told me they were the highest volume Powermatic dealer in the country.

I don't think they ship, but not totally sure about that.

ON EDIT: I just checked a couple this company's CL ads. Some very clearly indicate the item is available for pickup only, others don't say so maybe they do ship.

Last edited:
Most places offer free shipping, and can find it online tax free. If they run a sale in March, it would be great but I can wait few more months.

Thanks David, I’m not in a hurry and can wait because I still have to figure out what I need to do with my garage space and keeping the dust off my wife’s car. I have 3 bays and I want to dedicate 3rd one for turning for now.

The place near Seattle I mentioned a couple posts ago currently has a Powermatic 3520C for $3,295 on Craigslist. The ad says these normally retail for $4,400. Slight cosmetic shipping damage.

I have no idea what the usual street price is for these so I have no idea if that's a good deal or not?

I talked to the folks in Seattle about the 3520C yesterday. It had been dropped during shipping and has a lot of paint damage which isn't a big deal. The tail stock broke so they replaced it with a different tailstock (not from a 3520C but probably a 3520B), they said it was an extra they had laying in back. They said everything works and the headstock and tailstock line up just fine. Great guys to talk to over the phone. They do not ship the bigger items, pick up only. One one important note, all the Jet and Powermatic items from this dent and scratch store do not come with the factory's five year warranty, they only come with a 90 day warranty which is through them, not Powermatic. And while its $3295 don't forget to add Auburn's 10% sales tax which makes it $3625.

Thanks Damon,

I talked to them, they cannot ship it due to the packaging damage. They were extremely helpful and offered a discount on a new one. I plan on getting one soon, I need to install 220 in my garage and figure out partitioning options to keep the rest of the garage clean.

Just an update, Craft Supplies is offering $450 gift card on the 3520C, and $30 gift card on the swing away. Add the points from this purchase, plus the gift card purchase and you get about $600 credit.

I purchased the Powermatic and swing away attachment, and buying the mobile base once I get the gift cards.

Back