• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

bowl turning

1. Rex Wade

Bowl Scraper Recommendations

Hello everyone, I have been doing a lot of looking at bowl scrapers, specifically Inboard scraper (as Robert Sorby calls it). I have actually purchased the Robert Sorby Inboard Scraper (8008LH) from Klingspor for $89 which I thought was a good deal but turns out, it is on backorder until NEXT...
  2. Brandon Sloan

What would you do differently?

Here’s a quick time lapse of how I rough the outside of a bowl. What do y’all do differently?
  3. Andrew McCarn

Would adding this bed extension to a Jet 1642 be possible?

Hey everyone, As of now I own a 1642. Love the lathe but the capacity is starting to get to me... I recently got a hold of some gorgeous sycamore that is around 18"-20" in diameter. Obviously I would hate to have to cut that down to the 15" diameter for bowls. I was just wondering if you all...
Back