• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

butterfly

1. Butterfly Luminary - two views

Butterfly Luminary - two views

Another in my luminary butterfly series. Madrone, acrylic and ink. 4 inches diameter 6 inches high.
  2. White Ash Butterfly Rim Bowl

White Ash Butterfly Rim Bowl

Last April, the Barnesville Woodturners asked me to give a remote demonstration of how I make my butterfly rim bowls. Since the intended length was around 90 minutes, I had to record a large part of the presentation. The videos for this presentation show me creating this 7 inch diameter, 4...
  3. AAW Fall 2008 Contest

AAW Fall 2008 Contest

Material is Rosewood turned in the shape of a Monarch butterfly and finshed in Tung Oil.
  4. BUTTERFLY BOWL

BUTTERFLY BOWL

Made a square bowl from basswood. It looked like a butterfly so I cut buterflies into the cornors.
Back