• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

ca glue

1. John Torchick

Paper towels and CA finish

When my grandson and I turned the pens for his parents, the paper towels started to smoke a bit. I tossed them on the bare concrete floor to"settle" down. This way I can count how many coats of CA I have applied rather than rely on my memory. Also, I got the idea of putting them in a can of...
  2. K

CA Finish Issue

I have been turning for a few months, but only have a little free time. I've done about 15 pens, and about 25 rings. I do not love CA glue as a finish, but I have done ok with it. 2 out of the last 3 pens I have had the same problem. When sanding the finish, through the grits of micro mesh, I...
  3. Mesquite Bowl with Turquoise

Mesquite Bowl with Turquoise

Nine inch diameter deep mesquite bowl with Inlace imitation turquoise inlay. Finish is cyanoacrylate. Polished with Micromesh.
  4. D

spalted maple 10 inch bowl

I am working on a 10 inch spalted maple bowl 10 X 4. I have tons of voids. I have read about filling the voids with various things and that may be what I have to go with. However, I am wondering about surface sanding to 600 and then applying CA for 3 or 4 coats and then polishing it with CA...
Back